The Medico-Legal Journal was founded in 1931. It is published by Sage on behalf of the Medico-Legal Society. The paper version is published quarterly and posted to all full members and subscribers. The content is also available in electronic form ahead of the print version.
The Medico-Legal Journal provides an official record of the papers presented by eminent speakers to the Medico-Legal Society and a unique collection of original articles, case reports, book reviews and correspondence from around the world.
The current content of The Medico-Legal Journal can be found here.
The Medico-Legal Journal has its entire archive, dating back to 1933 online and available for Society members. An index of all articles from the start of the Journal to volume 64 is available here: Index of Articles.
In addition, the Journal seeks to further the Society’s objects by encouraging submission of articles on topics as diverse as:
- Developments in the European Legal Orders: Implications for the Medical Profession
- Fairchild and the “Guilty Fibre”
- Fact or Fiction? Verbal and Behavioural Clues to Detect Deception
- Selecting Participants When Testing New Drugs: the Implications of Age and Gender Discrimination
- Acute Subdural Haematoma in a Boxer
If you are considering submitting an article for publication, please see our Guidance for the Submission of Articles.